Thursday, July 21, 2011

Meet Heather!

My name is Heather and I am a member of the Parish of the Holy Spirit in
Keene, NH. My parents were married at St. Bernard’s Church and my family has been attending mass there ever since. I am a senior at Wheaton College
in Massachusetts and plan to go onto graduate school for speech pathology upon graduation. I love to travel and just returned from a semester abroad
in Edinburgh, Scotland. I attended the previous World Youth Day in Sydney,
Australia and had such a fulfilling spiritual journey that I decided to
return for the next WYD in Madrid. I am excited to be able to openly share
my faith with millions of other Catholic youth from around the world and I
can’t wait to learn what God has in store for us during mass with the Holy
Father and days in the diocese. My biggest fear is that I will not be able
to adequately communicate with my host family and the people of Madrid, as
I don’t know ANY Spanish. Luckily, I have two weeks to start learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment