Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Meet Wayne!

My name is Wayne and I am from the Parish of the Holy Spirit, St. Bernard’s Church in Keene and this is my second time chaperoning a World Youth Day pilgrimage. WYD is such a wonderful opportunity for our young people to truly come to know the love that the Lord has for them as well as the richness of the Catholic faith. Our youth are a real inspiration for me and attending WYD is a re-charging of my faith batteries. Being immersed in the culture of Spain and the Spanish people and experiencing their way of honoring and loving God is what I look most forward to followed a close second by being able to experience their food culture. I can’t wait to drag Fr. Paul to the local market on our free day to experience every kind of weird (to us) food possible. Andrew Zimmern won’t have anything on us by the time we are done! I am NOT looking forward to the heat and being in a crowd of 1-2 million people but the Lord gives us what we need to grow in every experience and I look forward to another life changing WYD. Thank you for your prayers and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment